Throughout previous years we have had many parents and students complain about not having sufficient information before starting a course with one of our training providers. The satisfaction and well-being of parents and students is key to us which is why we have created a parent page giving further information about TVC vocational:
How do vocational courses compare to mainstream educational qualifications?
- Level 3 is equivalent to 3 x A-Level’s grade A-C
- Level 2 is equivalent to 4 x GCSE’s grade A-C
What are the typical transport arrangements between the school, student and training provider?
- Some schools provide transport
- Some schools cover the cost of public transport
- The majority of students are expected to make their own way to their training provider – Please speak to the schools 6th form vocational head
What are the benefits of a vocational qualification?
- Subject specific, focusing on an area of study/ practice that the student chooses to pursue
- Directly linked to the students chosen career path or industry
- Combination of theory and practical, enabling a student to be practically competent as well as knowledgeable, before entering the world of work
- Work placements linked to the students chosen career path, supported by the school and training provider about rolex replica
Can my son/ daughter get support with Maths and English?
- Yes – we offer GCSE and Functional skills in both subjects
- Needs to be confirmed by school
Is my son/ daughter entitled to their bursary still if they attend a training provider?
- Yes – training providers work in partnership with schools, therefore students can access their bursary as per normal